Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to uninstall PKS5 or an earlier version before installing Project KickStart 6?
Yes. Uninstall Project KickStart 5 or earlier before installing Project KickStart 6. Don't worry, you won't lose any of your projects.
When does my Free Trial begin?
The Free Trial begins only when you open the application for the first time. So, the date you downloaded is not the start date for your trial. Of course, we want you to try it asap to start reaping the many benefits, so go for it.
How do I activate the Trial Version?
Purchase a License Key from Keystroke, your key then should be emailed to you. Click the Activate button in the trial and copy and paste your License Key.
How can I install Project KickStart on a network?
- Once you have licenses for each person who will be using Project KickStart on the network, you can install it on the network.
- You must install Project KickStart on each work station. When you are asked where to install the files, specify a folder on the network drive. (Some files will also be copied to the \Windows\System folder on the work station. Also, there will be registry entries on the work station, noting the location of important files and program parameters.)
- Then, when each user runs Project KickStart from their work station, they will be able to open up prx files and will have access to shared Libraries.
- If you are installing a Project KickStart Trial on a networked computer, you may need to have administrative privileges to do so.
How many computers can I install PKS on?
- You can activate Project KickStart on two computers that you personally use at different times/places.
- The license does not allow you to install it on other people's computers for them to use. You need to purchase additional licenses for additional users.
- If due to computer problems, hard disk crashes, etc., you need additional activations, submit a ticket to our Support
Are multiple users protected when they access the same project on a network drive?
- If more than one user opens the same project file on the server, the first user will have read and write privileges, and other users only have read privileges.
- When they want to save, they will find they cannot save "over" an open copy. They can "Save As" under a different name.
Is there a version for Mac OS?
Project KickStart is not supported by the Mac operating system